Housing is a Basic Need
As a result of the pandemic, many renters are struggling to make rent payments. If you are a renter in Wake County, have experienced loss of employment or reduction in wages due to COVID-19, are at imminent risk of losing housing within 14 days, and have an income at or below 50 percent Area Median Income, you may be eligible for Passage Home’s Homelessness Prevention program with short-term rental assistance.
Passage Home is proud to partner with the City of Raleigh, the State of North Carolina, and the Raleigh/Wake Partnership to End Homelessness to provide this service to eligible residents.
This is a referral-based program. Households should contact the Raleigh/Wake Partnership to End Homelessness’ Access Hub at (919) 443-0096 or AH@partnershipwake.org. The Access Hub will forward your contact information to Passage Home, and a member of our team will reach out to schedule an application appointment. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds have been awarded.
- Renter must rent an eligible unit within the county limits of Wake County and the renter occupy the home.
- Renter must have an active lease agreement and be listed as an occupant.
- Renter must be at imminent risk of homelessness within 14 days of application.
- Rent payments past due after July 1, 2020.
- Household income must be at or below of 50% Area Median Income (current income limits listed below; note that income limits will be updated June 1, 2022)
To expedite your application, please be prepared to provide copies of the following:
- Rental ledger
- One month’s documentation of income for all household members 18 years old or older. This includes paystubs, unemployment statement, social security, pension, L&I, child support or other proof of income.
- Lease agreement (to verify occupancy)
- Eviction Notice (to prove imminent risk of homelessness)
- Proof of identity for all household members
Additional documentation may be requested to verify eligibility.